Jessen, Lisbeth Rem
Associate professor in companion animal internal medicine, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Dyrlaegevej 16, DK-1870 Frederiksberg.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine DVM (1997) from UCPH.
• Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in Companion Animals (ECVIM-CA) in 2008.
• Staff veterinarian in private small animal practice (Ambulatorio Veterinario, Monte Parioli, Roma) in Italy from 1997 to 2000 and at the small animal hospital (Regionsdjursjukhuset ANICURA Helsingborg) in Sweden from 2000- 2003.
• Internship and residency in internal medicine at UCPH (2003-2007)
• Head of the Internal Medicine Clinical Service at UCPH (2008-2010).
• Assistant professor internal medicine, UCPH (2010 – 2015).
Area of Research:
• Investigation of the use and effect of antibiotic treatment in companion animals.
• Investigation of diagnostic modalities and biomarkers in the field of urology and bacterial infectious diseases
• Workpackage leader of the European Network for Optimization of Veterinary Antimicrobial Treatment (ENOVAT) guidelines initiative https://enovat.eu/link-1-wg4/ and chair of the Antimicrobial Guidelines in Canine Acute Diarrhea drafting group.
• Chair of the ESGVM (ESCMID Study Group Veterinary Microbiology) guidelines project.
• Academic co-ordinator, and chairman of the National Danish working-group on antibiotic use guidelines, ( L.R. Jessen, P.P. Damborg, A. Spohr, B. Schjøth, B. Wiinberg, G. Houser, J. Willesen, M. Schjærff, T. Eriksen, V.F. Jensen, L. Guardabassi. 2012 ) in 2012 and in 2017
• Programme director of the UCPH residency programme in companion animal internal medicine under the auspice of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine for Companion Animal (ECVIM-CA).