Associate professor in companion animal internal medicine, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Dyrlaegevej 16, DK-1870 Frederiksberg.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine DVM (1997) from UCPH.
• Internship and residency in internal medicine from 2013 – 2007 at the UCPH.
• Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in Companion Animals (ECVIM-CA) in 2008.
• Staff veterinarian in private small animal practice (Ambulatorio Veterinario, Monte Parioli, Roma) in Italy from 1997 to 2000.
• Staff veterinarian in private small animal hospital (Regionsdjursjukhuset ANICURA Helsinsingborg) in Sweden from 2000- 2003.
• Internship in internal medicine at UCPH (2003-2007).
• Residency in internal medicine at UCPH (2004-2007).
• Head of the Internal Medicine Clinical Service at UCPH (2008-2010).
• Assistant professor internal medicine, UCPH (2010 – 2015).
Area of Research
• Investigation of diagnostic modalities and biomarkers in the field of urology and bacterial infectious diseases
• Investigation of the use and effect of antibiotic treatment in companion animals.
• Executive Committee Member of the ESGVM (ESCMID Study Group Veterinary Microbiology) from 2016. Chair of the core-group for development of European veterinary practice guidelines on antibiotic use from 2017
• Member of the ISCAID (International Society of Companion Animal Infectious Disease) UTI guideline panel from 2017
• Member of the Vet-CAST (Veterinary Committee on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing), EU-CAST subcommittee from 2015.
• Member of the UC-Care management board (University of Copenhagen Research Center for Control of Antibiotic Resistance) from 2015.
• Programme director since 2017 and resident supervisor since 2018, UCPH residency programme in companion animal internal medicine under the auspice of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine for Companion Animal (ECVIM-CA).
• Academic co-ordinator, and chairman of the National Danish working-group on antibiotic use guidelines, ( L.R. Jessen, P.P. Damborg, A. Spohr, B. Schjøth, B. Wiinberg, G. Houser, J. Willesen, M. Schjærff, T. Eriksen, V.F. Jensen, L. Guardabassi. 2012 ) in 2012 and in 2017