2016 De-facto Diplomate of the Eurpoean College of Veterinary Microbiology (ECVM).
2009 PhD degree, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
2000-2004 Doctorate fellowship in “Infectious diseases of carnivores”, University of Bari, Italy.
2000 Awarded the 'Sigillum Universitatis Barensis', as the best student graduated at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Bari in the academic year 1999-2000.
2000 Graduated in Veterinary Medicin, marks 110/110 (top grades cum laude), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, Italy .
2016-current Full Professor of Infectious Diseases of Domestic Animals, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, Italy.
2005-2016 Associate Professor of Infectious Diseases of Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (later Department of Veterinary Medicine), University of Bari, Italy.
2002-2004 Assistant Professor of Infectious Diseases of Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, Italy.
• Member of the Evaluation Committee of research projects of the call Flash COVID-19, Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) – Francia (French Research National Agency)
• Member of the Evaluation Committee of research projects of the call 'Bando Ricerca COVID-19 Toscana”, Regione Toscana, Italy,
• Reviewer of research projects for Dirección General de Investigación - Universidad de Las Américas, Ecuador.
• Reviewer of research projects for National Science Center Poland (NCN), Polonia
• Reviewer of research projects for Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS), Slovenia.
• President of the Italian Association of the Veterinary Infectivologists (ANIV).
• Coordinator of the PhD School of 'Animal Health and Zoonoses', University of Bari, Italy.
• Vice Director and Research Delegate of the Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari
• Member of the executive committee of the European College of Veterinary Microbiology (ECVM), with the role of treasurer from November 2016.
• Member of the Board of the Italian Society of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (Si.Di.L.V.), with the role of Secretary from October 2014.
• Member of the expert panel for the evaluation of PRIN and SIR projects granted from the Italian Ministry of University.
• Member of the expert panel (scientific area GEV 07) of the National Agency for the Evaluation of the University and Research Systems (ANVUR) for the evaluation of the quality of the research (VQR) 2004-2010.
• Director of the Post-graduate School of Infectious Diseases of Animals, University of Bari.
EDITORIAL AND REVIEWER ACTIVITIES
• Reviewer for several national and international journals
• Associate Editor of Journal of Virological Methods (2014-current).
• Member of the editorial boards of Veterinary Microbiology (2013-current), Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation (2008-current), Journal of Microbiological Methods (2009-current), Virus Genes (2010-current), Peer Journal (2012-current), Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology (2014-current).
Viral diseases of small and large animals, with particular emphasis on the development of diagnostic assays, including innovative tools for the molecular diagnosis. Surveillance, development of vaccines and molecular analyses on viral pathogens of dogs (canine coronavirus, canine parvovirus, distemper virus, adenoviruses) and ruminants (pestiviruses, rotaviruses, coronaviruses) are objectives of his research as well.