The congress takes place in:
St. George's Bay
STJ 3310, St. Julian's, Malta
+356 2137 7600
InterContinental Malta has distinguished itself as the Mediterranean’s leading hotel of distinction, exemplifying elegance and modern hospitality, while defining the essence of new luxury in Malta. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, the hotel provides the space to unlock the vibrant lifestyle and culture of the islands. The hotel is within walking distance of the islands finest shopping and entertainment, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city.
All 481 bedrooms are elegantly furnished having all the comforts expected of a luxury property, offering a masterpiece of chic and stylish design in a relaxed atmosphere. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, including seaside, indoor and al fresco dining. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor pool, a heated indoor pool, fitness centre and a spa with traditional Turkish hamam.
The hotels extensive meeting and conference facilities offer guests over 5,000 sqm of space in 24 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Conference Centre.
Getting to the hotel and congress centre
From the Airport
Use the TD2 (Malta Public Transport) bus that goes directly from and to St. Julian’s (26 min) or take bus line X2 (can take up to an hour) towards San Gilhan (St Julians). Leave the bus and head into westerly direction onto Trig Gort. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit and turn right onto Trig Il-Mediterran/Trig Is-Swiegi. After a slight turn to the left you will see the InterContinental Malta. Tickets can be bougth in the bus. More information available by clicking here.
Taxi services between Malta International Airport and any destination in Malta are available 24 hours a day. Pre-paid tickets can be purchased at fixed rates from a booth in the Welcome Hall.
A regular taxi normally accommodates four persons, however the number of suitcases being carried must also be taken into consideration with regard to the space required in the vehicle.
The price from Malta International Aiport to St Julians is approximately 20.00 euros. For more information click here.
- Head northwest, drive along Terminal (on the left for 180m)
- Continue straight onto Vjal L-Avjazzjoni
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on Vjal L-Avjazzjoni
- At the second roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Trig Il-Kunsill Tal-Ewropa
- Keep left to continue towards Trig Giuseppe Garibaldi
- Continue onto Aldo Moro Rd
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Triq Dicembru 13
- Take the ramp to Marsa - Hamrun By Pass
- Continue onto Triq Guze Flores
- Continue onto Triq Regionali (you will pass by Vella Falso on the left)
- Continue onto Triq Mikiel Anton Vassalli
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Triq Mikiel Anton Vassalli
- Slight left onto Triq Il-Marbat
- Turn right at Regional Dental Centre onto Triq Is-Swiegi
- Continue to follow Santu Wistin (you will pass by EF on the left)
- Turn right at Dobbin's onto Triq Dragunara
- Turn right at Hugo's Terrace (this is a rooftop bar)
- The InterContinental Malta will be on the left
In Malta and Gozo, driving is on the left. There are speed limits of 80 km/h on the open road and 50 km/h in built-up areas, unless otherwise indicated on relevant road signs.
The electrical supply is 230 volts /- 10%.
The frequency of the supply is 50 hertz.
The three-pin rectangular plug system is used, as in Britain.
The official languages of Malta are Maltese and English.
Maltese, a language of Semitic origin written in the Latin script, is the national language of Malta. Over the centuries, it has incorporated many words derived from English, Italian and French.
Italian is also widely spoken.